1. Participate within the blogosphere: Read and comment on different blogs on your area. This is a top manner to construct readership of your weblog. It is also a manner of getting clean content material for both your weblog and in your e-book.
To check out different blogs on your area of interest: use www.Blogsearch.Google.Com, www.Technorati.Com, or www.Google.Com.
This is also an excellent way to get thoughts. What are other humans for your discipline writing approximately? What are the foremost challenges of the human beings to your field? If you have got competition, test them out. They can be a outstanding help in inspiring you for content ideas, distinct slants and perspectives. The vintage song, “Anything you can do, I can do better,” comes to thoughts.
2. Ask readers to touch upon your weblog. In reality, every time you submit something, ask them a query. Then spell it out to them on the way to post a remark due to the fact your readers will probable need to be knowledgeable or at least endorsed to comment. ("Click at the comment hyperlink inside the footer of this submit, and leave your responses.")
Sometimes readers will need assurances of privateness, wherein case, you may ask them to e-mail you their questions or feedback in personal. Others are not involved about privateness due to the fact in the end, a blog isn’t meant to be personal. However, readers can be shy about commenting, and want encouragement.
You might also inspire them to respond by using telling them that you would like to use their replies to your book, however will only accomplish that with their permission.
3. Survey your readers, do a mini-study on their options, their stories, and many others. The Internet is the fastest way to gather a few statistics of readers’ preferences. Far from being a scientifically established observe that could bypass muster in universities with academicians, an informal survey can provide you with thoughts and cloth to write approximately. It also can verify which you are addressing the issues of your readers.
Four. Run a competition for the high-quality idea, funniest experience, most influential or coronary heart-grabbing situation. If you want to apply those readers’ responses for content in your e book, you should tell them. Many human beings bounce on the chance to be included in a e book. Others may opt for to take part anonymously. You can provide them both alternatives.
Here’s an instance of ways one writer requested his readers for enter:
Do You Have A Broken WIndows Story?
Michael Levine’s new ebook, Broken WIndows, Broken Business is being released later this month. Many people experience this is going to be a mega first-rate-seller.
We have installation a website, in which you may rant approximately broken windows to your normal enjoy… Check it out at BrokenWindows.Com.
People like to share their stories, and they like to rant, or rave. Just ask.
Five. Ask your readers to attend a teleseminar based totally at the wishes, demanding situations, ideas and ideas of your blog readers. This is a fantastic way to move deeper into the troubles and solutions you are writing about. You can report the periods, transcribe the communicate, convert the teleseminar to audio and PDF documents. These may be sold, or given away as advertising substances on your book.
6. Use your weblog website online meter stats to observe what are the maximum popular articles published. This facts will manual you to increase on the subjects and subtopics that capture the pursuits of readers.
7. Consistently reconnect with your passion, and ignite and inspire others with comparable pastimes. After you’ve been blogging for awhile, you’ll probable broaden excellent blogging conduct:
a. Write some thing on your blog each day, or at least 2-3 instances a week.
B. Read other blogs 2-3 times a week. Be certain to apply the My Yahoo or different RSS feed buttons to enroll in your favorite blogs, or sign up to get e-mail updates via a FeedBlitz provider on every weblog.
C. Write together with your readers in mind. And in case you’re not certain where their interests lie, ask them. If they’ve found your weblog, and have subscribed, chances are you proportion plenty in not unusual.
D. If you ever fall into weblog-block, reconnect with your center cause for the weblog (remember, the one you wrote out earlier than beginning your weblog?). When this happens there is often a cause, even though it can no longer be clean to you on the time. This will pass. You can help it along by using asking questions – of your readers, your self, your closest allies.
8. Podcasting – Create audio documents without difficulty by means of scheduling teleclasses and recording them. Some people want to get their data auditorily and at their comfort through downloading mp3 documents to their iPods.
Use a loose teleconferencing bridge line like http://www.Freeconference.Com to host a name. Record your call, upload the audio report and then put up on your weblog or podcast the use of a service like http://www.Audioblog.Com.
As an added gain, you can get those calls transcribed; then convert the word document to a PDF report which you could either provide away, or promote, in change for people’s e mail address; http://www.CastingWords.Com is a fast, low cost transcription service.